A small Working Committee of devotees, all working voluntarily, have come together around Dorje Phagmo to support her and reach out to potential donors, supporters, and well-wishers.
Besides the ongoing renovation of the old lhakhang and the construction of the stupa, there are immediate plans to build proper accommodation, prayer halls, and classrooms for the nuns and monks, and living quarters for the teachers.
Donations and zhendeps of any amount and help and support in networking will be appreciated helping to complete this undertaking and fulfilling the wishes of Dorje Phagmo to uphold and spread the Buddha dharma. The full details can be availed from the General Secretary and the Coordinator of the Working Committee shared at the end.
Besides one-time contributions, one can also make a monthly contribution as per the following scheme. In this way, you will not only be helping sustain this sacred project but also, the basic living requirements of the nuns and monks especially in terms of support, care and receiving a good monastic education.
- Serkem Soelkha – Nu. 100 or more per month per person. This contribution will help the temple conduct daily offerings of butter lamps, serkem and soelkha (appeasement rituals). This is recommended for anyone who travels a lot in an official or business capacity;
- Tshogkor Jamchoe. Nu. 500 or more per month per family. This contribution will help the temple in conducting monthly rituals on every auspicious day of the month. You could commit for one year. All your family members will be included in the prayers. This is especially recommended if any of your members are facing the year as loka, thinsum, or dursa
- Support a nun/monk –Lay people are encouraged to do this since the spiritual merit attained by the monk is believed to be the same as the sponsor.
- Nu. 1000 (US$ 15) per month will cover the living expenses for one nun/monk for one month. The contribution can also be made by a family for one year, three years, or five years.
- Nu. 3,000 (US$ 45) per month will cover the living expenses for three nuns/monks for one month. The contribution can also be made by a family for one year, three years, or five years.
- Support the dratshang – Families and individuals whose businesses are going well are encouraged to support the dratshang. The collective prayers, rituals, and the dissemination of the Dharma are believed to bestow immeasurable blessings that ensure peace, prosperity, and happiness. Such practices were normal among affluent families in the past.
- Nu. 2,500 (US$ 35 ) per month will cover the utility bills such as electricity and water.
- Nu. 5,000 (US$ 75) per month will cover the living expenses for teachers for a month. The contribution can also be made by a family for one year, three years, or five years.
- Nu. 7,000 (US$ 85) per month will cover the living expenses for the headmaster for a month. The contribution can also be made by a family for one year, three years, or five years.
- Direct Debit for Contributors holding account in Bhutan:
- If you wish to offer monthly or yearly contributions through direct debit from your Bank Account, you can download and fill Standing Instruction (SI) form here.
- Notification: For any kind of donation, we make sure that it is recorded and submitted directly to Khandro Rinpoche and Monastery for dedication during daily rituals at the Monastery, especially on every Dakini Day of Lunar Month. Therefore, if you wish to dedicate the merit and virtue on your, family’s or in the name of the demise of your close ones please share with us your names and receipts if any for submission.
Committee contact persons:
- Kinga Sithup, General Secretary # 17727022
- Ugyen Lhendup, Coordinator#77266399/17239400
- Choki Rinzin, Treasurer #17759200
Bank Name: Bank Of Bhutan Ltd.
Account Name: Ngajur Pema Choepheling Monastery
Account No: 202081833